Half moon cookies with orange taste
After we have prepared these cookies that melt in your mouth, the whole kitchen smelled wonderfully. A sweet orange aroma that awakens all senses and lures all neighbors to come visit you. The only flaw is they disappear quickly so don’t be lazy, always prepare a bigger dose. Let there be some.
- 250 g flour
- 200 g butter
- 100 g finely ground nuts
- 70 g confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp grated orange zest
- 100 g sugar (for coating)
- 1 tbsp grated orange zest (for coating)
- yellow cooking color
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, vanilla, finely ground nuts and orange zest. Add the butter cut in small pieces and knead until form stiff dough. If necessary, add up to 3 tablespoons of water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Wrap the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Line baking sheets with baking paper.
- Divide the dough in 4 parts, roll each part and cut it in new 10-15 pieces.
- Form each piece into a half moon shape and place onto sheets.
- Bake them around 10 to 12 minutes until very lightly golden.
- For a more dramatic look, brush them with a bit of yellow cooking color.
- While they are still warm, coat them in sugar mixed with an orange zest. But, if they are cold, brush them with a bit of melted butter and then coat them in sugar.